We ended the week yesterday on such a good note! Dalton came home with his first spelling test which he got a 105% on. (so not my child-Denny gets credit for this one) He got a 100 on his sight words and got all of his reading comprehension correct. I AM SO PROUD OF THAT LITTLE STINKER!!!!! And he felt good about himself too. It was a struggle every day getting him to do his homework. He wanted to go out and play.
Dalton also received his first invitation to a birthday party. It was a pool party and we went today. Remember he went to swimming lessons last month, so he has a FEW basics but probably didn't really have them down pat. He has no fear of the water so he is eager to jump in! If he is going to be in water deeper than his head he is required (by me and his dad) to wear the life vest. So we took his life vest with us today and he put it on right away so he could jump in the deep end. ( This is an in ground home pool so he was always an easy distance to me.) There was 3 other kids there that were all pretty good swimmers. He took off his vest and got in the shallow end so he could play a while then all of the sudden I see him under the water....kicking his feet....doing his arms....swimming from one end of the pool to the other!!! He was probably swimming as good as me or even better under the water! He was so proud of himself! He came up out of that water with a big ole smile on his face. I am not too sure that he wasn't smiling under the water too. I am sure the other kids there swimming has something to do with him getting it straight in his head as to what he is suppose to do. And of all times-I didn't have my camera with me! I went looking for my cell and I had left it at home too. BAD MOMMA BAD MOMMA
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment