We all know how excited I get when someone comes to visit! Well, my cousin Gail and her husband Rich, whom we had never met, came for the weekend and we had a great time getting re-acquainted. I had not seen Gail since my fathers funeral back in 1998. We lived in middle Tennessee and she lived in Columbia Missouri. We took them to see a few of the local sights since they had spent so long on the road I knew the last thing they wanted was to sit for another long haul in the car.
A funny little story about the visit...while sight seeing we took my Expedition so that we could all be in one vehicle. The guys sat up front, mom and Gail sat in the middle and I sat in the very back with Dalton. We were in route to Mt. Nebo when the most horrible foul smell filled the truck. My eyes began to water. Mom turned back and looked at me with absolute horror on her face. Using my eyes I pointed towards Denny, cause we all know this is something he would do, and just shook my head and held my breath knowing that Gail and Rich was dying to open a window. The air had not even had a chance to clear when the truck was filled with this awful fog AGAIN! But this time Dalton leaned over, with a giggle in his voice and his face growing redder by the second, said in a whisper "mom I can't quit farting!" I had to let everyone know who was the cause of such a stench. Who knew that little 53 lb body contained a weapon of mass destruction!! lol
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment