
mmmm roasting marshmallows!

Parker getting her hula hoop grove on! go Parker, go Parker, go Parker go!

Josh, Ethan, Christy and Kaylee getting ready to have their cake too.

Billy and Tracy helping their kids Jayden and Kaitlyn with their cake.
Samantha, Kate, Parker, Ellen, Emalee, Drake and Sidney and Dalton's meme wait patiently while the cake is being passed out.

Kiley refuels on cake and ice cream with her mom, Lisa.

Ethan on the move.
The girls bonded and had a screaming good time!

We had a hay ride.

They played basketball.
On Saturday we gave Dalton a birthday party and invited his whole class and their families. We roasted hot dogs and marshmallows in the fire pit and had a hay ride through the neighborhood. The kids played basketball, played on the play set and drew pictures with sidewalk chalk on our driveway. They seemed to be having such a good time that I forgot all about the games that I had planned. It was great fellowship with the kids and their families.
We decided to have this kind of party because 1. we are new here and do not know anyone and wanted a chance to meet the parents of the children Dalton will be calling friends over the next 13+ years, 2. Dalton is shy/reserved (outside of our home) and we are trying to help him work his way out of it and become more social.
We asked that the kids not bring a present because first and foremost Dalton is very spoiled-I mean blessed. He is not only an only child but an only grandchild, you see where I am going with this. Second I would rather someone take the time and money and help a child or family in need, third -if all nineteen of his class mates were to come and bring a present - oh my gosh that is just crazy!! And last but not least, it would have been very embarrassing when Dalton would have refused to open his presents in front of everyone and he would have looked ungrateful. We go through this at Christmas too when he is opening presents on Christmas morning when it is just us. If we didn't help him he would still be opening them New Years Day! lol
We appreciate those that were able to make it to Dalton's party and we hope those that couldn't make it this year can make it next year. I am thinking of making it a yearly thing.
My camera was on the blink but some of my friends took pics and as soon as I have them I will add to my post.
We decided to have this kind of party because 1. we are new here and do not know anyone and wanted a chance to meet the parents of the children Dalton will be calling friends over the next 13+ years, 2. Dalton is shy/reserved (outside of our home) and we are trying to help him work his way out of it and become more social.
We asked that the kids not bring a present because first and foremost Dalton is very spoiled-I mean blessed. He is not only an only child but an only grandchild, you see where I am going with this. Second I would rather someone take the time and money and help a child or family in need, third -if all nineteen of his class mates were to come and bring a present - oh my gosh that is just crazy!! And last but not least, it would have been very embarrassing when Dalton would have refused to open his presents in front of everyone and he would have looked ungrateful. We go through this at Christmas too when he is opening presents on Christmas morning when it is just us. If we didn't help him he would still be opening them New Years Day! lol
We appreciate those that were able to make it to Dalton's party and we hope those that couldn't make it this year can make it next year. I am thinking of making it a yearly thing.
My camera was on the blink but some of my friends took pics and as soon as I have them I will add to my post.



No comments:
Post a Comment