Saturday, November 29, 2008

THANKSGIVING

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. We had a very laid back Thanksgiving this year. Dinner was at our house and mom and I did all the cooking. I decided to roast boneless turkey breast instead of the whole bird since we waste so much of the thing and (here comes the real reason) I have a problem with the whole gross turkey carcass thingy and the bag of "innerds". There I said it. I have issues with meat and bones anyway but turkeys and chickens are just gross! But chicken is my favorite meat-I just prefer boneless skinless though. Mom baked apple and pecan pies on Wednesday and Thursday morning I got up and made pumpkin and started the preparations for dinner even though we were planning a 4 0'clock dinner. This is where I tell on myself...........at 2 o'clock I realized I had not put the turkey on yet!!!!!! Ok, so we didn't have dinner until 5 o'clock it was still very good! The plus side of eating dinner late is we only over stuffed ourselves once on Thanksgiving instead of twice.

No comments: