Thursday, July 3, 2008

IT'S A GREAT DAY TO GO TO THE LIBRARY

Today is Thursday which means "Library Day" in our house. We signed Dalton up for the summer reading program at our local Library and for one hour every Thursday they try to stimulate or entertain kids under the age of 14. This works with most of the kids there. Not so much with Dalton. He would rather be in the Library itself instead of the event room. He likes to play with the puzzles that they have scattered about or play on the children's computer. No he is not a computer whiz but to hear him talk about it you would think he is. He likes to pick out the books for us to read to him. I have recently learned to do a speed read through the book before we check it out. Why? Let me tell you there are some crazy scary books out there. Around the 17th of June we discovered Dalton had 2 loose teeth. He was a little freaked out at first when we explained that they would be coming out soon so new ones could come in. What better way to explain more to him than with a book right?! This is where crazy scary come in. I know I should remember the name of the book but I can't, so be sure to carefully preview any book about loosing your first tooth! The story went about each family member trying to pull out this tooth and no one could get it out. Some gypsy tooth fairy came along on a motorcycle ......oh never mind it was just horrible and left Dalton looking at me like I grew tusk! Needless to say I read the next one to myself before it was read to Dalton.
Dalton being an only child and not having many kids to play with has left him to be shy around other kids-especially in large group settings. One or two kids he is great but he tends to act like he is the adult or care giver to them. OK back to the teeth. June 24th he lost the first one in his sleep. Probably swallowed it. Denny thought I should watch for it. Yea he thought he was funny too. I on the other hand was not amused nor did I "watch" for it. The tooth fairy mysteriously knew it was coming out and left a dollar under his pillow. July 1st. the second tooth came out that evening and we were able to place the tooth in a baggie under his pillow for a scheduled visit from the tooth fairy. Now we have the toothless boy wonder!!!!!

1 comment:

lil_sis said...

It's great the little guy loves books. He didn't get that from his parents. Must of inherited it from his highly intelligent aunt. LOL