I love long weekends. I know I'm not working outside the home so it should seem like one giant non-stop weekend all the time but those of you who work in the home know what I am talking about. Besides it is good to have Denny home too. We recently bought Dalton a basketball goal. It is standard size but you can adjust it down to where Dalton can make baskets too. The bad thing about buying kids stuff is that you have to put everything together. Everything is made in other countries now and when they do the translation from whatever to English they do a really crappy job of it. This is where I have to step in because Mr. Impatient loses his cool and then the cursing begins. Not to worry, Dalton has heard all of the words before and had said them by age 2-was punished for it-and he doesn't say them but he will jump your butt if he hears you say them! Yea Dalton!!!!
I love my son!!! Having a boy you just never know what is going to happen next and it could change by the second. For instance yesterday I am in the shower and I hear that sweet little voice with a funny toothless accent say " mom guess what? I caught a lizard." "Did you let it go?" "No." "Is it in your bug catcher?" "No it's in my hands." Oh my!!!! I looked out the shower and sure enough my little toothless wonder is standing there holding a tail less lizard. It had a tail when he first caught it but it tried to do the distraction of popping it's tail off but Dalton didn't fall for it. That poor lizard didn't stand a chance. It didn't move for a really long time. I don't know if it came out of his coma or if Dalton threw it in the creek. He believes that all the creatures that he catches is for his benefit and that they are there to spend time with him. WE HAVE GOT TO GET AROUND THE NEIGHBORHOOD AND MAKE HIM SOME FRIENDS!!!! HAHAHA There is a list of "friends" that he has made from the yard that includes TOADIE (the name of all of the frogs that he catches) CRABDADDIES which are the craw fish in our creek, the fish in the creek, CRICKIE which of course are crickets that he catches and puts in his bug catcher. He put a small frog in the bug catches yesterday with a cricket and said "now Toadie will have a friend". I explained that fogs ate bugs and without missing a beat he said "ok then toadie will have lunch then!" Now if that child had my genes he would of felt bad for the cricket and let it out but obviously carrying Denny's gene pool he went on about his business without giving it a second thought. And last but not least.........while in Wal Mart yesterday he (quite loudly) asked if we could get more orange juice because orange juice makes him and daddy fart. Does anyone feel sorry for me yet???????
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Dinner anyone?
Post a Comment