Wednesday, July 16, 2008

TO BE A KID AGAIN




I know when you are a kid the days seem to take forever. So I understand Dalton's disappointment yesterday when Amy called to let us know that Aubrey was going to her Nannies so Amy could help in the hay field. I understand how everything comes to a halt when it is time to start getting the hay out of the field-and I am so glad we don't have to deal with that anymore! So, when I explained to Dalton that it would be next week before we would have a play date with Aubrey he said "next week? But that would take forever!" And he walked away with the arms crossed and the bottom lip stuck out. Amy had to do the rest of her weeks errands before meeting her mom for the Aubrey exchange and got the idea of bringing Aubrey out to play while she did them. AWESOME IDEA AMY!!!!!!!!! Amy has learned when bringing Aubrey to our house she needs to bring extra clothes. Aubrey is quick to follow Dalton into the creek, mud and any other adventure he wants to take her on.
While I worked on going through the boxes in our garage they played in the yard, on their scooters, on the play set and IN THE CREEK. Warning them of the possibility of snakes did not change their want to play in the creek. While going through the boxes I came across the slip n slide.....wooo hooooo! I get the stinkin thing set up and neither one would go down. grrrr They both sat there wanting the other one to go first. Stubborn little toddlers!! (I know they both come by it honestly, hehe) They finally got hot enough to get over it and started playing in it then started sliding down it.




HEY AMY...DO YOU HAVE ANY MASHED POTATOES TO GO WITH THIS HAM

1 comment:

lil_sis said...

I wanna play too!!! I wanna play too!!!! Just without the ta da at the end. I'm gonna probably end it with Ouch this was alot more fun when I was younger.