There is a chance that I may be repeating myself in this blog entry but I still find it amazing.
Many, many, many years ago when I was in Kindergarten I went for half a day and in that half a day I know we ate, played and took a nap.
In today's Kindergarten Dalton is there for a full day and once a week he has Art, Music, Science Lab, Computer Lab, PE and Library. Isn't that too cool!! Not only that he counts forwards, backwards, by tens, by fives, they do word problems, they write, they are READING and they have recently started spelling test!! I am so amazed by Dalton's smartness my pride is bursting!
With all of this new wonderment comes changes in our house too. For instance: we used to spell things we didn't want to say out loud in front of Dalton. He sounds things out and then tells you what you just said now. (most of the time) That brings up this whole new "code" that we talk in that even we don't know what we are saying sometimes. And, unfortunately if we don't try and get out what ever it is we think we need to say and we try to wait and talk about it later...............what was I saying? haha We forget what it was that we wanted to say! At this rate, I figure by the time he gets into junior high he will be picking out what nursing home he is going to put us in cause he will know far more than what we do! Pudding anyone?
And that brings me to their Kindergarten production next week. They are going to be performing Chicken Little. How cute is that!!!! Dalton is going to be one of the sheep. Time to dust off the old camcorder and see if it works. The last week of this month they get to go to a place that is kinda like-but better than ChuckECheeses, then the following week they are going to the Zoo. Last day of school is May 21 with Kindergarten graduation on the 22. sigh* Then I have a 1st grader. heavy sigh* sniff sniff* This past year has just flown by!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I miss Kindergarten. Mine will be going into second grade soon. How scary is that?! You must send him to a school for baby geniouses b/c my kid were not reading in KG or doing spelling tests.
Actually everyone says it is one of the best schools in Ar. Which is good because it is....well, you know AR. hehe I hope he continues to do well in school. Having a great teacher really helps.
Post a Comment