Friday, August 15, 2008

KINDERGARTEN ORIENTATION

Last night was Kindergarten orientation. I was so nervous. Dalton was not. It lasted about an hour and a half. Daltons teacher seems like she is going to be great and apparently Dalton thinks so too. On our way to the car Dalton was jumping around and his said "I have the best school in the whole wide world!" That was music to my ears. We are going back today so we can go through the school again so he can see where his class is and the other important things like...the bathroom, lunch room and library. There were so many people there last night that I am afraid he was so distracted and not paying attention as to where we were going. His building has K-3 in it and there are over 500 kids in that building alone. I think his class only has 18 or 19 in it but there are 8 Kindergarten classes. They seem to get all kinds of govt. grants and they put them to good use.(I assume this I do not know it for a fact) Just for the K-3 bldg. alone they have a computer lab, science lab, electric keyboards, and they still do the things that some schools have cut out like music, art, and PE. Since it has been so many moons ago since I was in school and this is our one and only child to start school this all sounds like a great start to me! Oh, and Dalton said the playground is really cool too!
Now the countdown to Monday begins. Denny said he figured I wouldn't get any sleep this weekend.......wrong o buddy.........it started last night. I had a nightmare that woke me up and I couldn't get back to sleep and I so wanted to so I could try to get back in my dream and change it!!!! ugh it was awful. The gym coach brainwashed him and he ran away from us. When we found him the coach had him dressed in little girl clothes. eewwwwww And since he was brain washed he didn't want to come with me. So I had to get out a gun.....and well I think we all know what happens from there. So awful. We all know I don't like guns. I think I need to go rent a stack of the funniest movies ever made. Feel free to make suggestions! I have 3 more nights to get to Monday. You know...I have been real flaky all week too. I think it has been the lead to my nightmares and it could only get worse. Ladies, it has been worse than the "pregnancy stupids." If you have ever been prego you know what I mean. While I was pregnant with lil D I had those dreams where you drive off with your kid on top of the car, left the kid in a shopping cart, forgot to feed it etc. and I have done NONE of those things so I know this has got to be the curse of the hormones but it really stinks!

1 comment:

Barb said...

Oh Karen, the thought of you with a gun, even if in a dream, is hilarious!! Stop I have a gun & I AM afraid to use it! Or excuse me, can you wait a second while I put in my ear plugs please?! Just kidding! We rented only serious movies this past weekend so I can't really help you out there. I saw that Nanny Diaries is out though, I'm sure Denny would love that one!